It is that time again, and we are kicking it off big this year! The light show, renamed ‘Lights on the Court’, has been completely rethought and rebuilt from the ground up… So you may ask what makes this show different from ones in years past, it looks like previous shows.
There have been a number of changes including the song choices. This year the show includes ten songs, nine of which are completely new. All ten have been re-programmed and are all about two minutes to keep your attention. The songs also cover a wide range of genres to be sure there is a little something for everyone, and of cores there is Christmas music!
There are nearly there times as many lights this year than in years past! This year there is a total of over 6000 lights. The biggest reason for the large increase of lights is the inclusion of color! That’s right not only are there white lights but there is also red and green lights for many elements of the show. This means that for each element I had to string up tree sets of lights and run three extension cords. Speaking of extension cords, this year there is over 1600 feet wire total!
Some interesting facts about this years show:
- There is over 1600 feet of wire making this years show. That’s over a quarter of a mile!
- There is over 6000 computer controlled lights in this years show for a total of over 3200 watts or 27 amps of power!
- There is ten songs total, nine of which have never been bone before, all have been programmed from scratch.
Music Box Dancer – DJ Schwede
The Happy Organ – Dave “Baby” Cortez
Good Feeling – FloRida
Jingle Bells – Master Tone
Amazing Grace – Yule
Wizards in Winter – Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Lights – Ellie Goulding
Mister Sandman – Pomplamoose
Christmas Eve (Sarajevo) – Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Glad You Came – The Wanted
December 1st – January 1st
Sunday – Thursday 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Fridays & Saturdays 6:00pm – 11:00pm
Shows can be seen every 30 minutes and run about 20 minutes with a 10 minute intermittent.
On Christmas Eve and Christmas day shows will run from 5:00pm – 12:00 midnight.
228 Forresta Ct
Hodgenville, KY 42748
and be sure to tune your radio to 93.7 fm
Directions from Elizabethtown
- From I-65 S take exit 91 Hodgenville, Elizabethtown
- Take KY-61 S, Lincoln Pky toward Hodgenville
- Turn left onto W Main St in Hodgenville
- At the traffic circle take the first exit onto S Lincoln Blv
- Turn left onto W Maple Ave
- Turn the first left onto Forresta Ct, we are located straight ahead, you can’t miss all the lights!!!
While you enjoy the show, please keep our neighbors in mind. Pleas do not park, block or turn around in there driveways. Please keep of their lawns, no loud radios and please no littering. For your safety please stay out of the display and remember Jesus is the reason for the season.
Tags: 2012, Christmas, Light Show